Facts to consider when selecting a roofing contractor!
Written by Kenneth Mills, Owner of Billy's Roofing.
When selecting a roofing contractor, you will need someone with reliability, reputation, and experience, topped off by a desire and dedication to provide you with the best roof possible.
The following tips from Ken Mills, owner of Billy's Roofing, in Livonia, should help with the task.
1. Hire a contractor that has a nearby local office.
This will facilitate faster service.
2. Interview the contractor.
Good contractors, who take pride in their work, will be happy
to answer all of your questions.
Following this list below for some of the most important questions to ask!
- Does the roofing contractor carry workman's compensation insurance?
You could be liable for a worker injured on your property unless the roofing
contractor employee's are covered by workers' compensation insurance.
- Is the company a licensed or credentialed contractor?
- How long has the company been in business?
Generally, the most stable and experienced companies
have been in business at least ten years.
- What is the company's workmanship warranty?
The intent and ability of the roofing contractor to stand behind
their work is more important than the length of the warranty.
3. Get more than one bid on your roofing job.
Roofing contractors that do not carry insurance will probably be cheaper
because they do not pay expensive insurance premiums, which could
wind up costing you more in the long run, if an accident happens!
4. Check with the Better Business Bureau.
I know... you have heard this before. Don't be lax about this. Check
the roofing contractors BBB rating. It can save you tons of grief!
5. Ask the Roofing contractor for referrals of their previous jobs.
Talk with other homeowners about the roofing contractor.
"Out of two or three witnesses let all things be confirmed!"
6. Beware of LARGE down payment security deposit requirements.
A reputable roofing contractor will have established material supply
accounts, so they will not need to require a LARGE security down
payment before roofing your home.
Also we encourage you to research our company!
- Check with your local building department. They can tell you about us.
- Check with the licensing board.
- Check with the BBB.
- Check with our insurance company
- Refer to our referrals lists.
I hope these few tips help you be comfortable and feel confident
with the roofing contractor you choose. I hope it is Billy's Roofing!
Sincerely, Kenneth Mills
Review: Why use Billy's Roofing?